Sunday, October 28, 2007

October 28th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Tell how the Father sent the Son to save us. Tell of the Son, who life and freedom gave us. Tell how the Spirit calls from every nation God's new creation. ("Rise, Shine, You People!" - Text:Ronald A. Klug, b. 1939, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
2 Thessalonians 2-But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.
Isaiah 27-28-Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, a costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed.
Psalm 118-The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief corner stone.
Luke 18.9-14-God, be merciful to me, the sinner!
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
See My Son. Follow Him. He is the cornerstone of all you are and all you do. Only through Him comes life.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
How many times have I rejected You Lord?
How many times have I failed to honor You?
I am a sinner, Lord.
Forgive me and renew me and give me Life.

I see Your Son in pain.
I see His blood and suffering.
I see His compassion and love.
I repent and stand humble before You.

You sent Your Son to save me.
He gave His life for all.
He is the cornerstone of all faith.
Renew me and change me into Your desire.

You gave the Spirit and called me.
You free me from the bondage of sin.
You make a new creation in Your Church.
Gift me and send me in Your Name.

I go and proclaim Your saving Glory.
I go thankful and gifted and joyous.
I go, all because of what You have done.
Choose me, send me, use me.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I stand humble in Your presence Lord. I repent and beg forgiveness. I ask that You would use me and make me what You desire. I am Your servant. You are my God. I give You all thanks, praise and glory. ---Amen

No comments: