Tuesday, October 02, 2007

October 2nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
When we are living, it is in Christ Jesus, and when we're dying, it is in the Lord...Both in our living and in our dying, we belong to God, we belong to God. ("When We Are Living"-Text:based on Romans 14.8; tr. Elise S. Eslinger, b. 1942)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 2-He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.
Nehemiah 3-Next to him Shallum the son of Hallohesh, the official of half the district of Jersalem, made repairs, he and his daughters.
Psalm 97-For You are the LORD Most High over all the earth...
Hosea 10.9-15-Sow with a view to righteousness, reap in accordance with kindness; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the LORD until He comes to rain righteousness on you.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
You belong to Me. Work for Me and with Me in My Kingdom. It's time to make some repairs.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I belong to You, Lord.
You created me and all that exists.
You made me unique for a special reason.
You called me and blessed me.
You send me out.
I'm ready to work by Your side and make a few repairs.
Let's sow righteousness.
Let's reap kindness.
Let's love and have compassion.
Let's be Jesus to this world.
I belong to You, Lord.
I am Your disciple.
Send me today.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord of all creation. You are Life. You are Love. I belong to You. Send me today. ---Amen

No comments: