Saturday, October 20, 2007

October 20th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Rouse our hearts from slumber deep; may your word within us leap. Give us voices to proclaim praises to your holy name. Have mercy, Lord. ("Rise, O Sun of Righteousness" - Text:Christian David, et al. tr. Frank W. Stoldt, b. 1958)
--- --- ---


Readings of the Day
Revelation 20-Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Isaiah 7-8-Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.
Psalm 110-The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind, "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."
Psalm 121-The LORD will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul.
--- --- ---


God's Word of the Day
See My ever living Son. He has defeated evil for you. Rise up with My Word in your heart and mouth and do not fear. Serve and love Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You rise me up from sleep and slumber.
You rise me up from sin and death.
You place Your Word within my heart.
You feed me with Bread and Wine.
You restore me with Body and Blood.
You fill me with Your Spirit of Life.

I not only rise, I leap to Life in You.
You threw my sin into a lake of fire.
You cast death away from me.
Behold, I see You have come to me.
I see that You have placed Yourself closer to me than I could ever imagine.
I see and call You Immanuel and Savior.

You are my everlasting Priest.
You are my eternal Savior.
You are with me while I work in Your Kingdom.
You play by my side day after day.
You come to my door and invite me out to go with You each day.
With my heart roused to joy we live together through eternity.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks for Your presence, in history, now and forever. You have come to this place to be with me. You have come to this place and rescued me from my sinful self. You have come to this place and adopted me as Your own. You have come to this place and given me Your friendship. You have come to me, now and forever. You are my Savior! You are my God! ---Amen

No comments: