Thursday, October 18, 2007

October 18th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Come, O Christ, and reign among us, King of love and Prince of peace; hush the storm of strife and passion, bid its cruel discords cease. By your patient years of toiling, by your silent hours of pain, quench our fevered thirst of pleasure, stem our selfish greed of gain. ("Son of God, Eternal Savior" - Text:Somerset C. Lowry, 1855-1932)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 18-After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illumined with his glory.
Isaiah 3-4-There will be a shelter to give shade from the heat by day, and refuge and protection from the storm and the rain.
Psalm 109.1-19-In return for my love they act as my accusers; but I am in prayer.
Acts 17.22-34-...for in Him we live and move and exist...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I will illumine your heart. I will give shade, refuge and protection. Only through Me do you exist and move and live.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You are my King.
You are Christ my Savior.
You graciously give me shade and refuge and protection when needed.
Only in You do I live and move and exist.
Forgive me for bringing You pain.
Forgive me and be merciful to me.
I am a repentant sinner.
Through Your pain and toil, You have saved me.
In Your prayer You have forgiven me.
Through Your Love you have called me.
In Your holiness send me.
You are my King.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I see the pain and suffering that You endure for my sin. Graciously forgive me. Call me and send me today to work in Your Kingdom. Use me to let Your Light shine out from my heart to all the world this day. ---Amen

No comments: