Tuesday, October 09, 2007

October 9th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
The peace of the Lord, the peace of the Lord, the peace of the risen Lord Jesus: the peace of the Lord is among us right now, so open yourselves to receive it. The peace of the Lord is among us right now. so open yourselves to receive it. ("The Peace of the Lord" - Text:Anders Ruuuth; tr. Gerhard M. Cartford, b. 1923)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 9-...and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God...
Nehemiah 12-...and on that day they offered great sacrifices and rejoiced because God had given them great joy...
Psalm 104.1-23-Beside them the birds of the heavens dwell; they lift up their voices among the branches.
Habakkuk 2.5-11-...Woe to him who increases what is not his...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
In your sin, flee to Me. At My altar and I will give you joy.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
In my sin, I run to You, Lord.
I run to You to save me from myself.
I run to You to save me from sin and evil.
I run to You for Life and cling to the horns of Your altar.
You protect me and care for me.
You love me and show compassion.
You correct me and discipline me and teach me The Way.
In Your loving kindness I am joyful.
In Your compassion I find peace.
To You will I sing in joy with the birds of heaven.
We create a song of praise and honor to you.
We proclaim to all creation how great and awesome is Your Grace.
In forgiveness I turn from my selfish sin to You.
Through forgiveness I become a new creation.
I am Yours.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I run to You, Lord. I seek forgiveness. I seek protection. I am Yours, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: