Monday, October 08, 2007

October 8th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Praise and honor to the Father, praise and honor to the Son, praise and honor to the Spirit, ever three and ever one: one in might and one in glory while unending ages run! ("Christ Is Made the Sure Foundation" - Text:Latin hymn, c. 7th cent; tr. John Mason Neale, 1818-1866, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 8-When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
Nehemiah 11-Now the leaders of the people lived in Jerusalem...
Psalm 103-As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Habakkuk 1.5-17-Observe! Be astonished! Wonder! Because I am doing something in your days---you would not believe if you were told.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Be still and silent. I have done an astonishing thing for all My people. I have removed their sin as far as the east is from the west.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I give You all the honor, glory and praise, my God!
You are Three, yet You are One.
You are God!
You come into me and remove my sin.
You come into me and I am humble.
I am silent in Your presence.
I am in awe of what You have done.
Call me and teach me to lead.
Teach me to lead other's to You.
I give You all the honor, glory and praise, my God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
In the silence of prayer today, I pause and reflect Your majesty and awesome Love. ---Amen

No comments: