Sunday, October 14, 2007

October 14th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Oh, praise the living Christ with faith's bright songful voice! Announce the gospel to the world and with these words rejoice: We praise you, Christ! Your cross has made us one! ("Oh, Praise the Gracious Power" - Text:Thomas H. Troeger, b. 1945)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 14-And they sang a new song before the throne...
Esther 5.1-6.13-...if I have found favor in the sight of the king, and if it pleases the king...
Psalm 106.24-48-Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the nations, to give thanks to Your holy name and glory in Your praise. Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting even to everlasting. And let all the people say, "Amen." Praise the LORD!
Luke 17.11-19-Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Realize the depth of the meaning of the throne I have taken and offer eternal praise.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Jesus, Your mercy is great.
You are Love and Salvation for this world.
As we stand before Your throne we sing Your praise.
As we kneel at the foot of the cross we see Your glory.
As we unite, hand-in-hand, we marvel at Your Love.
May we find favor in Your sight.
May we be cleansed through You.
Jesus, have mercy on us!
Master, have mercy on us!
Lord, cleanse us from our sin!
Your cross has made us one.
We praise You, Jesus!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Oh, how I see the cross. How I see Your Love and Glory on that cross. How I see the pain of my sin in Your face. Yet You smile. Yet You love me. I will praise You forever. I will praise Your Name always, my Lord and Savior. ---Amen

No comments: