Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 21st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O Jesus, joy of loving hearts, the fount of life, the light of all: from every bliss that earth imparts we turn, unfilled, to hear your call. ("O Jesus, Joy of Loving Hearts" - Text: attr. Bernard of Clairvaux, 1091-1153; tr. Ray Palmer, 1808-1887, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 21-22-And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."
Isaiah 9-10-The people who walk in darkness will see a great light; those who live in a dark land, the light will shine on them...For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonder Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
Psalm 111-Praise the LORD! I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart, in the company of the upright and in the assembly.
Luke 18.1-8-I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am your Light. I will light your dark path. Your faith is in Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Jesus, You are my Joy, my Light, my Life.
You bring all happiness into my life.
Permit me to see You each day.
Allow me to hear Your Word spoken.
Surround me with Your Presence.
Encompass me in Your Love.

Jesus, You wipe away all my tears.
You heal me in my sin.
You take away death and mourning.
Come near and build my faith.
Send the Counselor and fill me.
You are Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Jesus, I praise Your Name in the assembly.
I shout of Your acts of Love.
I proclaim Your glory to all.
You are my God!
You are my Savior!
I praise Your Name, now and forever!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, my Lord and Savior, hear my praises...straight from my heart! ---Amen

No comments: