Wednesday, October 24, 2007

October 24th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
I love to tell the story: how pleasant to repeat what seems, each time I tell it, more wonderfully sweet! I love to tell the story, for some have never heard the message of salvation from God's own holy word. I love to tell the story; 'twill be my theme in glory to tell the old, old story of Jesus and his love. ("I Love to Tell the Story" - Text:Katherine Hankey, 1834-1911)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Thessalonians 2.17-3.13-For you are our glory and joy.
Isaiah 17-19-...and He will send them a Savior and a Champion, and He will deliver them.
Psalm 114-Tremble, O earth, before the Lord...
Luke 22.39-46-Why are you sleeping? Get up and pray that you may not enter into temptation.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am your glory and joy. I am your story. Wake up, tremble before Me and go tell the story with urgency and passion and love.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, I've got to go.
I'm in a hurry.
I've heard Your story and I've got to go tell someone.
You are Love. You are Grace.
It's urgent, that I tell other's of all You have done.
You are the Champion and Savior.
You are my joy.
Go with me to tell the story.
Lord, I've got to go.
I've got a story to tell.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Wow! What a story You have given me to tell. Not only does Your story unfold in the pages of Scripture, but Your story unfolds in the days of my life. You are with me to lead and guide me. You are with me to walk with me through all the paths of life. You are with me. I need to tell someone about You. It's important. ---Amen

No comments: