Saturday, October 06, 2007

October 6th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
We are all one in Christ, we are on body, all one people out of many. We are all one in Christ, we are one body, all one people out of many. There is one God, and only one Lord; there is one faith, one holy love. There is one baptism; there is one Spirit, who is God the comforter. ("We Are All One in Christ" - Text:Anonymous; tr. Gerhard M. Cartford, b. 1923)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 6-And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also.
Nehemiah 8.13-9.37-But You are a God of forgiveness, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness; and You did not forsake them.
Psalm 101-I will sing of lovingkindness and justice, to You, O LORD, I will sing praises.
Psalm 37.1-9-Commit your way to the LORD...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I want you to be in relationship with each other. I want you to love one another. I want you to commit your way to Me. I am gracious and loving, slow to anger, but let's get on with it!
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I am in awe of how You take the broken, the sinful, and make us into something.
I am in awe of how we become one in You.
You lead and guide us.
You forgive us individually and as a group.
You call us and gift us and send us out as one.
We commit our way to You Lord.
We wait on each other until the time is complete.
We give our lives to You and wait for Your timing.
I sing of Your kind and gracious love.
Now it's time to get on with it!
We go in Your Name and in Your will.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I love my brothers and sisters and all Your creation. You have shown us Your Love. Now it's time we get on with it and reach out in Your Love in Your Kingdom to Your people. ---Amen

No comments: