Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October 17th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Yet she on earth has union with God, the Three in One, and mystic sweet communion with those whose rest is won. Oh, blessed heavenly chorus! Lord, save us by your grace, that we, like saints before us, may see you face to face. ("The Church's One Foundation" - Text: Samuel J. Stone, 1839-1900)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 17-"These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful."
Isaiah 1-2-"Come now, and let us reason together," says the LORD, "though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool."
Psalm 108-For Your lovingkindness is great above the heavens, and Your truth reaches to the skies.
Matthew 10.5-15-And as you go, preach, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is at hand."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Not only have I taken care of your sin, I will bring eternal restoration to all My Kingdom. So go and announce that the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You unite all Your people as One in Your Church.
You bring us together in a sweet communion of grace.
A communion where we live on Jesus.
A communion where we are filled with Spirit.
A communion where we serve in Your Kingdom.
You have done it all.
You saved us from sin.
You defeat evil, death and the devil.
You establish an everlasting Kingdom.

Though war rages on, I place my hope in Your restoration.
Though sin continues, I am assured in Your victory.
So I go, a warrior for You.
I go, gifted with Your Love.
I go to serve those in need with the blessing You give.
I go in full knowledge of Your loving kindness.
I go in Your Truth that reaches to the skies.
I go to declare You alone as God of all.
I go to declare the Kingdom is at hand.
I go.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Your power and glory are awesome. You are almighty. I am humble in Your presence. I am joyful that You have chosen me and called me precious. I am overwhelmed by Your Love. In all this, I gladly "Go!" for You this day. ---Amen

No comments: