Thursday, January 31, 2008

January 31st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesu, Jesu, fill us with your love, show us how to serve the neighbors we have from you. Kneel at the feet of our friends, silently washing their feet: this is the way we will live with you. Jesu, Jesu, fill us with your love, show us how to serve the neighbors we have from you. ("Jesu, Jesu, Fill Us with Your Love" - Text: Tom Colvin, 1925-2000, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Luke 22.39-71-Then an angel from heaven appeared to him and gave him strength. In his anguish he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down on the ground.
Genesis 40-Do not interpretations belong to God?
Psalm 31-Let your face shine upon your servant; save me in your steadfast love.
Hebrews 11.23-28-He considered abuse suffered for the Christ to be greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking ahead to the reward.

God's Word of the Day
I invite you out to serve with Me in My Kingdom. Here, I stand at your door, knocking. Let's go, now and serve others in love.

Psalm of the Day
Jesus, You show me how to serve.
You teach love and compassion.
You show me how to focus outward.
You place my focus on Your works of love and grace.
I will go with You now into Your Kingdom.
I will go with You as my mentor and guide.
I will go with You in trust to serve this Kingdom of Yours.
I will go and listen to Your interpretation.
In the midst of the pain, the blood and the anguish, You give strength.
You give will, compassion, committment and determination.
You make me able to stand when I want to fall down.
Yes! I will go! I'm ready!

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, You prepare me. I trust in Your preparation. I hear Your invitation. I'm ready to go serve with You. ---Amen

No comments: