Saturday, June 10, 2006

June 10th Daily Word and Visions from God

June 10th Daily Word and Visions from God

Romans 15.1-13-Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient to us.

1 Samuel 27-28-Why have you disturbed me by calling me up?

Psalm 70-God! Please hurry to my rescue!

Tobit 3.1-6-for it is better for me to die than to see so much distress in my life and to listen to insults.

Romans 8.12-17-My dear friends, we must not live to satisfy our desires.

Luke 24.13-27-Didn't you know that the Messiah would have to suffer before he was given his glory?

Psalm 40-I have more troubles than I can count.

A branch broken from the main limb on a tree. Will it live? Will it die? Sometimes I feel like this broken branch. Not knowing if I will live or die. Broken from God. Separated from him and about to die. Starving from his saving food of life. Broken because of my sin. Feeling like it would be better for me to die than to live. Broken with more troubles than I can count. Broken and sinful and falling to the ground. And this is when I need someone to step in and lend a hand. A friend to help. A friend to talk to. Someone what is willing to be there with me and for me. Someone to help. In my sin I live for my desires and separate myself from God. Then I confess. Then I tell the story. Like those disciples on the road to Emmaus I tell the story. And not until I feed with Jesus do I begin to realize the Life he gives to me. Not until I see his suffering do I feel his presence and grace in my suffering. Then I realize how completely I depend and trust and hope in Jesus grace and love. There is life. There is reconnection. There is the one who will be there for me.

Jesus, I know you will be there for me when I need it most. In my brokenness you still love me and save me. Thank you! -- Amen



No comments: