Tuesday, June 06, 2006

June 6th Daily Word and Visions from God


June 6th Daily Word and Visions from God

Romans 11.25-36-Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom?

1 Samuel 21-22-So the priest gave them the holy bread. It was the only bread he had, Bread of the Presence that had been removed from GOD's presence...

Psalm 66-Take a good look at God's wonders--they'll take your breath away.

Tobit 2.1-10-I went to physicians to be healed, but the more they treated me with ointments the more my vision was obscured...

John 7.37-39a-Have faith in me, and you will have life-giving water flowing from deep inside you...

John 8.31-37-If the Son gives you freedom, you are free!

Proverbs 3.1-18-Wisdom is a life-giving tree, the source of happiness for all who hold on to her.

A rose in all it's glory. How did God make it so beautiful? How did it get this way? I look at the colors. The contrast of the red and green. The petals of the flower and their beauty. How they open their beauty for all to see. Show their glory to the world. Then I think of the branch. That branch of thorns that feeds life and nourishment to the rose. David ate the Bread of the Presence when in need. I think that Jesus is my Bread of Presence. He is the source of life for me. He feeds me from the thorns of his pain and suffering and salvation. Jesus is that source of deep deep wisdom that wells up inside of me. I am fed through the branch of life in Jesus my Savior. Fed with an extravagant generosity. Fed not because I deserve to be fed, but fed because God's love is that far, that deep, that generous. The response of the rose to the feeding from the branch? The rose blooms and shows the glory of the creator. God sent his Spirit deep within me and through the Spirit I can bloom. I can show forth God's glory to the world. The Spirit freely gives the power to change. The power to work boldly in God's world. The power to bloom to God's glory. Through the Spirit those thorny branches produce God's wonders. Wonders that can take your breath away. Fed with that life-giving wisdom and water flowing deep inside of me, I am free. Free to serve in happiness and glory in God's Kingdom. Free to be healed with clear vision. Free to love those God places before me day to day. Free to live in God's love and life. Thanks be to God!

Lord, feed me and send me this day to bloom to your glory in your Kingdom. -- Amen

No comments: