Wednesday, June 21, 2006

June 21st Daily Word and Visions from God

June 21st Daily Word and Visions from God
Mark 5.21-43-At the same moment, Jesus felt energy discharging from him.
2 Samuel 14-he came and bowed deeply in reverence before him.
Daniel 8-I couldn't make sense of it.
Tobit 5.4-8-for I need you to travel with me...
Psalm 107.1-3,23-32-You should praise the LORD for his love and for the wonderful things he does for all of us.
Philippians 2.1-11-Live in harmony by showing love for each other.
Psalm 59-...I will celebrate because of your love.

A lamp post in the park. At night a light to light a parking lot. Is Jesus my lamp post in life? A light to light my way? When I'm in the dark of life, I need Jesus' life to light the way. Even if I'm not on a path, I need his light to see where I am at that moment. I need his light to offer some protection from danger. I need his light. Why would God provide light? Why does God even care? I can't make sense of it. Does God need the light? I don't think so. The only thing I can think of is that God has a love for his people that far outreaches my comprehension. So, I cling to the Light. I cling to the Love. I celebrate the Love. And I see my need for God to travel with me through life. As I travel I will show this Love to others and celebrate with others his Love.

Lord, send your Light into my spirit this day and travel with me while I show your Love to those I meet. -- Amen

No comments: