Sunday, June 11, 2006

June 12th Daily Word and Visions from God

June 12th Daily Word and Visions from God

Romans 16-Be sure to welcome our friend Phoebe in the way of the Master, with all the generous hospitality we Christians are famous for.


2 Samuel 1-So what happened? What?s the news?


Psalm 72-Be rainfall on cut grass, earth-refreshing rain showers.


Tobit 3.7-9-?reproached by one of her father?s maids.


Acts 11.19-30; 13.1-3-So they had Barnabus and Saul take their gifts to the church leaders in Jerusalem.


John 18.28-38-My kingdom doesn?t belong to this world.


Psalm 140-You, LORD, are my God! Please listen to my prayer.


A drainage pipe. A way to get water from one side of the road to the other side. Sometimes the path gets rough. Sometimes the path goes underground for a while. Sometimes it gets dark under the road. But on the other side of the road. After traveling through the dark is a stream filled with life. Filled with vegetation. Filled with hope. On the other side of the dark underground of the road are greetings of life in friends. Hospitality of life. Fresh rain on new cut grass. On the other side of the pipe under the road are gifts from friends. God?s kingdom doesn?t belong to the darkness of this world. God?s Kingdom is in the truth and light of his Son Jesus Christ. Pray for me as I travel in the darkness of the underground of the road that I may emerge in the light of full truth and love of Christ.


Jesus, when I?m under the road in the dark and reproached and blamed for fault, forgive me and lead me to the light of life at the end of that tunnel. -- Amen

No comments: