Monday, June 26, 2006

June 26th Daily Word and Visions from God

June 26th Daily Word and Visions from God
Mark 8.1-21-He asked, "How much bread do you have?"
2 Samuel 19-All I care about is that my master the king is home safe and sound!
Daniel 12-"And you? Go about your business without fretting or worrying. Relax. When it's all over, you will be on your feet to receive your reward."
Tobit 6.1-8-"Catch hold of the fish and hang on to it!"
Ezekiel 34.11-16-They will be safe as they feed on grassy meadows and green hills.
2 Corinthians 12.7-10-"My kindness is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak."
Psalm 94-When I felt my feet slipping, you came with your love and kept me steady.

A peaceful country scene of corn and farm land. Soon to be food for the body. Jesus fed thousands with just a small amount of food. But was it really small? In the end the amount was plenteous. I suspect the amount of food really doesn't matter. The food Jesus feeds us is always more than we can handle. Enough food to make me ever thankful for all God has done. Enough food to make me want to live with my King forever. Enough food to take away all worry and fret. Enough food to bring relaxation. Way more food than I deserve in reward for anything I could ever do. Food that leaps up out of nowhere. Like the fish in Tobit, God provides food for body and soul. Food that keeps me safe in his pasture of grassy meadows and green hills. Food of God's kindness and love. Food that gives me strength when I am at my weakest. Food the keeps me steady when my foot begins to slip. Yea, with the food that Jesus feeds all there is Life. Thanks be to God.

Lord, feed me your food this day. Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: