Thursday, June 08, 2006

June 8th Daily Word and Visions from God


June 8th Daily Word and Visions from God

Romans 13-But make sure that you don't get so absorbed and exhausted in taking care of all your day-by-day obligations that you lose track of the time and doze off, oblivious to God.

1 Samuel 25-Abigail flew into action. She took two hundred loaves of bread, two skins of wine, five sheep dressed out and ready for cooking, a bushel of roasted grain, a hundred raisin cakes, and two hundred fig cakes, and she had it all loaded on some donkeys.

Psalm 68-Listen--he's calling in thunder, rumbling, rolling thunder.

Psalm 29-The voice of the LORD makes lightening flash and the desert tremble.

John 10.22-30-My sheep know my voice, and I know them. They follow me, and I give them eternal life, so that they will never be lost.

Psalm 23-you fill my cup until it overflows

A woman putting groceries away in her car. There was an approaching storm. This storm contained thunder and lightening. Maybe there was a sense of urgency to her task. A woman taking care of her day to day obligations. Out of love for her family or possibly just out of survival or maybe even out of some abundance of blessing from God. Day to day tasks and chores can sometimes overwhelm me and I lose focus on God. I must be careful of this. Intentionally stop from time to time and listen for the voice of God. Could I hear his voice in the thunder? This woman may have. Not sure. Listen for the voice of God, look at the lightening and see his presence day by day. Day by day in the ordinary and extraordinary there is God. Listen for his voice and follow. Listen and see God coming to me, protecting me, and leading and guiding me. Filling my cup of blessing till it overflows. Then I can handle those day to day obligations in the joy of God's presence. Even when a storm is approaching and I need to hurry!

Lord, let me hear your voice this day. Let me see your glory. Let me feel your presence. Take care of me and let me serve you and others in love this day. -- Amen

No comments: