Wednesday, June 14, 2006

June 14th Daily Word and Visions from God

June 14th Daily Word and Visions from God

Mark 1.21-45-No sooner had the fever left than she was up fixing dinner for them.

2 Samuel 3.2-39-During the Hebron years, sons were born to David

Daniel 2.1-23-He changes the seasons and guides history.

Tobit 3.16-17-At that very moment, the prayers of both of them were heard in the glorious presence of God.

Psalm 112-they will always be remembered and greatly praised?

1 Peter 2.9-17-Respect every one and show special love for God?s people.

Psalm 67-Make everyone praise you and shout your praises.

A refrigerator says so much about a home. It announces future events. It displays accomplishments and awards. It shows off creativity. It testifies to the family. It communicates daily messages. It feeds. It sometimes is the center of activity that everyone in the family has in common. God is our real center though. When Jesus arrives and heals I am given the ability to serve. To fix dinner. And I?m happy to do this for all of his friends and family. God gives the gift of children. God gives the gift of church, family and friends. God gives the gift of prayers of many people for well-being. God requires that I love my Christian friends and pray for them also. God compels me through his love to praise him and shout praises to him. Does my refrigerator shout praises too? I think so. It shouts praises to a life led by God. A family centered in faith to God. It shouts praises to the gifts God has given my family. And it shows some seasons and history. More than the refrigerator is God at the center of life in this house.

Jesus, I center in you as you center in me. Let?s serve someone today. -- Amen

No comments: