Sunday, June 04, 2006

June 4th Daily Word and Visions from God

June 4th Daily Word and Visions from God

Romans 9.30-10.21-They were absorbed in what they themselves were doing.

1 Samuel 19-People are still talking about it...

Psalm 64-God's work is the talk of the town.

Tobit 1.10-15-I was mindful of God with all my heart...

John 15.26-27; 16.4b-15-the Spirit takes my message and tells it to you.

Revelation 21.10-27-Then with the help of the Spirit, he took me to the top of a very high mountain.

Psalm 36-Your love is faithful, LORD, and even the clouds in the sky can depend on you.

A softball tournament. An early morning game. Everyone seems to be focusing on something different. Many concentrate on the field of play. Many others concentrate on some distraction from the field of play. Many bring other entertainment and toys with them. The sky is clear and the morning is crisp. They are absorbed in what they are doing. Am I as absorbed in God as I should be? I want to be absorbed in God and have God absorbed in me. That's where the real action is. That's where the real life is. It's when God is the talk of the town. That's the place I want to be. I want to be part of that holy city seen from the top of the high mountain in Revelation. I want the view God has to give me. I want the clear direction and comfort God brings in life. I want the faithful love of God that even the clouds in the sky can depend on. I want to be mindful of God with all my heart. I must keep my focus on God and play the position he calls me to play. Play it with all I've got. Get dirty doing it. Loving every moment of the game and giving all the glory to God. That's the focus for all the people.

Lord, let me play the position you wish for me to play. I'll give it all I've got. I'll be absorbed in you. -- Amen

No comments: