Saturday, June 17, 2006

June 17th Daily Word and Visions from God

June 17th Daily Word and Visions from God

Mark 3.20-35-But if you persist in your slanders against God's Holy Spirit, you are repudiating the very One who forgives, sawing off the branch on which you're sitting, severing by your own perversity all connection with the One who forgives.

2 Samuel 7-8-You know me, Master GOD, just as I am. You've done all this not because of who I am but because of who you are-out of your very heart! -but you've let me in on it.

Daniel 4-Make a clean break with your sins and start living for others. Quit your wicked life and look after the needs of the down-and-out. Then you will continue to have a good life.

Tobit 4.1-2-Now I have asked for death.

2 Corinthians 5.6-10, 14-17-We are ruled by Christ's love for us. We are certain that if one person died for everyone else, then all of us have died. And Christ did die for all of us. He died so we would no longer live for ourselves, but for the one who died and was raised to life for us.

Luke 11.1-13-Forgive our sins, as we forgive everyone who has done wrong to us.

Psalm 145-When someone stumbles or falls, you give a helping hand.

Weeds? Flowers? Vegetative growth? Not sure. But I personally think this is how God intended my yard to look. I don't think God intended for me to fuss around with cutting grass and killing weeds. I don?t know that for sure, but I think it may be true. But then again maybe God did want me to work. To work on his creation...Naw! Maybe someone else. Just like some fishermen-Jesus reprioritized their lives from fish to people. I think maybe God wouldn't want me to spend too much time on the grass but more time on his people. God didn't want David to build the temple. God had been living in a tent for some time. A tent! Well not really?but we can relate to a tent as a place better than thinking of God as everywhere-beyond space and time. God cares for me even when I with the weeds-not because of who I am- but because of who He is. God loves me out of his very heart and has included me in his plan. How special for this weed to be included in his plan. This weed that deserves death. But I must be ruled by Christ's love for me. Certain that in Jesus' death, I no longer need to live for myself-but can now live for the one who died and was raised. When this weed stumbles and falls I have a Savior to give a helping hand. A Savior to forgive my sins. A Savior that frees me to forgive those who sin against me. All those other weeds living side by side with me. We tend to choke each other out and need to forgive each other. So here I am in God's kingdom. With all others. Let's make a break from our sins and live and serve each other out of the love of Christ. Then no matter how we look?this field will be beautiful in God's eyes.

Jesus, feed me this day and send me to live with the other weeds I meet to love and serve you and them. -- Amen

No comments: