Saturday, June 03, 2006

June 3 Daily Word and Visions from God



Romans 9.1-29-Who in the world do you think you are to second-guess God?

1 Samuel 15.55-18.30-David's name was on everyone's lips.

Psalm 63-I'm free to run and play.

Acts 2.1-21-Then the Lord will save everyone who asks for his help.

John 6.35-40-I am the bread that gives life!

Psalm 46-Our God says, "Calm down, and learn that I am God! All nations on earth will honor me."

A robin in an early afternoon shower. Hunting food. A robin getting wet. But the food comes easy in the moist grass and dirt. Sometimes when the rains come and I think it's all bad, I find out that it's really a gift. The rain in life sometimes makes living easier. The worms come out and I feed on them. Jesus comes to me as the Bread of life. He comes to me. He visits me at my door and all I need to do is go. Nothing to that. And the adventure is outstanding. In the rain, in the sun, no matter what I know I have his protection. I can be calm and I am free to run and play. I think that's what God wants. When released from the bondage of my sin, I am free to run and play. I don't have to have all the answers. I don't need to be concerned about my reputation. I am free to run and play in the park.

Jesus, thanks for a wonderful trip to the park. Even if it did rain. I have your love and presence with me. -- Amen

No comments: