Monday, June 19, 2006

June 19th Daily Word and Visions from God

June 19th Daily Word and Visions from God
Mark 4.21-41-We're not keeping secrets, we're telling them; we're not hiding things, we're bringing them out into the open.

2 Samuel 11-12-You're the man!

Daniel 6-We're never going to find anything against this Daniel unless we can cook up something religious.

Tobit 4.20-5.3-What evidence am I to give him so that he will recognize me and trust me...?

Acts 13.13-26-Listen to this message about how to be saved, because it is for everyone.

Romans 10.1-11-So they refuse God, and they try to be acceptable by obeying the Law. but Christ makes the Law no longer necessary for those who become acceptable to God by faith.

Psalm 31.15-24-All who belong to the LORD, show how you love him.

A system that detects people who run a red light. Takes their picture and they are fined. It must be hard to dispute your error with picture evidence. No secrets here. The camera is telling and everyone will know. Nathan told a story to David about a man and his sheep. A story about a poor man and a rich man. A story to point out David's guilt in adultery. No secrets. Tobit's son wanted to claim a trust set up...but why would the man holding the trust fund find him believable? God calls for me to trust him. To trust in what Jesus did on the cross for my sins. To believe. It's not about obeying the Law-it's about trusting in God's salvation. I can't trust in my own efforts to obey all the Law. I will and have failed. I must trust in the saving grace of Jesus. I can only become acceptable to God through faith in Jesus. That's it...no matter what the picture says.

Lord, I believe and put all my trust and hope in your saving grace-send me out this day to show the world my love for you. -- Amen

No comments: