Tuesday, June 27, 2006

June 27th Daily Word and Visions from God

June 27th Daily Word and Visions from God


Mark 8.22-9.1-Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to saving yourself, your true self.
2 Samuel 20-21-That cleared things up: from then on God responded to Israel's prayers for the land.
Hosea 1.1-2.1-In the very place where they were once named Nobody, they will be named God's Somebody.
Tobit 6.9-17-So now listen to me....
Psalm 87-All who sing or dance will say, "I too am from Zion."
1 Samuel 1.1-20-I've been praying all this time, telling the LORD about my problems.
Psalm 34-I was a nobody, but I prayed, and the LORD saved me from all my troubles.

A restricted entrance. I guess you need to be special to enter here. I guess you need to have some sort of clout-be above others. But God isn't this way. He welcomes prayer. He welcomes us to tell our problems to him. Even when we are named Nobody. God listens to our prayer and changes us. Changes us into Somebody. Now we listen to him. Hear his call. Sing and Dance and stay with him in his city. Self-sacrifice out of love for God and all he has done for us. Give ourselves in love to each other. Willingly sacrificing ourselves out of love while being saved by Jesus. That clears it up. No restrictions!

Lord, I come to you in prayer.... Amen

No comments: