Thursday, June 22, 2006

June 22nd Daily Word and Visions from God

June 22nd Daily Word and Visions from God
Mark 6.1-29-He made a real hit, impressing everyone. "we had no idea he was this good!"...
2 Samuel 15-The whole country has taken up with Absalom!
Daniel 9-Act out of who you are, not out of what we are.
Tobit 5.9-16a-Take courage; the time is near for God to heal you; take courage.
Job 38.1-11-Now get ready to face me!
2 Corinthians 1.3-11-Please help us by praying for us.
Psalm 81-Be happy and shout to God who makes us strong!

A softball team warming up before the game. Practicing fielding ground balls. Lined up and taking turns with the coaches direction. I wonder if Jesus had to practice. I wonder what training he had before he started his ministry. I think that he practiced some helping his father and being a carpenter. I wonder if the work on wood helped Jesus practice. I wonder if Jesus thought about the wood he was working with and realized what the importance of wood would be to the salvation of the world. In Jesus' hometown he became a hit. Impressing everyone. But they couldn't figure it out. They knew Jesus as a carpenters son. So they didn't all believe. They didn't see Jesus as the Messiah. They didn't see the significance of Jesus early training in the working of wood. How could they? So, I wonder who they substituted as the Messiah for Jesus. In Jerusalem, Absalom swayed the people to support him and abandon David as their king. So David had to flee from his own city. Jesus had to flee from his home city because of the home town people. I wonder if I send Jesus away from me? I know I must now and then. But I can turn to God because- God remains the same- God acts out of who he is not out of who I am. God loves me anyway and I must turn around and face him. Repent and see him as my Messiah- my Savior- my God. As I face God-he heals- even in my hometown- even outside the city. Jesus heals and gives life. Pray for me. Pray for that healing. Then we can all shout and be happy because of God --I think Jesus practiced with that wood as a young boy and man to show me his saving ways. Jesus practiced on that wood even before I had any idea what role that wood of the cross would play in my life.

Lord, what will I practice on today? Make it something that you will fulfill in me to your glory. -- Amen

No comments: