Sunday, June 25, 2006

June 25th Daily Word and Visions from God

June 25th Daily Word and Visions from God
Mark 7.14-37-Are you being willfully stupid?
2 Samuel 18-And so he stood beside the city gate as the whole army marched out by hundreds and by thousands.
Daniel 11.21-45-...he'll meet his end.
Mark 4.35-41-Why were you afraid? Don't you have any faith?
1 Peter 1.18-25-You were rescued by the precious blood of Christ, that spotless and innocent lamb.
Psalm 119.81-88-I long for you to rescue me! Your word is my only hope.
Railroad tracks that seem to go to eternity. Go towards a beautiful sky of blue and puffy clouds. A peaceful scene to eternity. But there is also danger here. What is behind? Could there be an approaching train the other way? Are you being willfully stupid? I must look forward to eternity but also be aware of what is behind. Learn from what is behind and watch out for it. Watch out that what is behind doesn't become NOW! But all at the same time my focus must be on eternity. On Jesus way and will and grace and life for me. Focus forward on that host of God's soldiers that have marched before me towards eternity with God. Have faith and caution but no fear in what may approach from behind. Look to eternity and know that I have been rescued by the precious blood of Christ. Christ is my only hope and he will always cover my "behind."
Lord thank you for the past - teach me from it but focus me on the future you wish me to live. -- Amen

No comments: