Friday, June 23, 2006

June 23rd Daily Word and Visions from God

June 23rd Daily Word and Visions from God
Mark 6.30-56-None of this had penetrated their hearts.
2 Samuel 16-There they rested and were revived.
Daniel 10.1-11.1-Daniel, he said, man of quality, listen carefully to my message.
Tobit 5.16b-I will go with him...
2 Corinthians 6.1-13-Please make room in your hearts for us.
Jonah 3.3-10-Then everyone in the city, no matter who they were, dressed in sackcloth.
Psalm 96-Then every tree in the forest will sing joyful songs to the LORD.

The underside of an evergreen tree. It's not evergreen here on the ground beneath. It's brown, and looks dead. Is dead. But this death feeds the tree and makes it evergreen on the outside. Death on the inside--Ever Life on the outside. Sometimes I feel this way. Dead inside. Alive outside. But God changes me from the inside out. His Word penetrates my heart and brings life from the inside out. Dead on the inside to Life on the outside. Sometimes in my death I need to rest and be revived and heal from the inside out. Death on the inside changing to Life on the outside. As I heal from the inside out, I hear the message and slowly let it grow in me--from the inside out. Like communion-I take in Jesus body and blood and Jesus transforms me with this gift of life from the inside out. Jesus goes with me wherever I go and I make room for him in my heart. Change from death on the inside to Life on the outside. On the inside I'm dressed in sackcloth-repentant of my sin. But God changes me to Life on the outside. That Joy in Life on the outside the lets this changing tree of the forest sing in joyful praise to God my Savior. Changing all along from death on the inside to Life and Love and Joy on the outside.

Jesus, change me today- from the inside out. -- Amen

No comments: