Tuesday, June 13, 2006

June 13th Daily Word and Visions from God

June 13th Daily Word and Visions from God


Mark 1.1-20-His baptism?a holy baptism by the Holy Spirit?will change you from the inside out.

2 Samuel 2.1-3.1-After all this, David prayed.

Daniel 1-God gave these four young men knowledge and skill in both books and life.

Tobit 3.10-15-let all your works praise you forever.

Matthew 10.7-16-As you go, announce that the kingdom of heaven will soon be here.

Colossians 2.6-15-But God let Christ make you alive, when he forgave all our sins.

Psalm 119.1-8-I don?t ever want to stray from your laws.

Incense burning. Giving itself up for the pleasure of smell. Sacrifice for someone else. Burning and giving. Smoke rising in praise to God. Life is like incense sometimes. I must give myself to God and to others. Let the gifts of God burn in praise to him. As I burn I announce the kingdom of heaven to the world. As I burn I pray to God for direction. As I burn God changed me from the inside out. The change is peculiar. I change to ashes. It looks like waste. But God isn?t all that concerned with my physical but with my spiritual. My physical self has no life without my spiritual self. God provides the Holy Spirit to change my spiritual self from the inside out while at the same time, like the burning incense, my physical being is being changed from the inside out. And in this glorious change I will praise God forever. I don?t ever want to stray from his laws because in the burning of my life I realize the giving of the life of Jesus to save me from sin, death and the devil. Thanks be to God!

Jesus, let the smoke of my life raise in praise and glory to all you have done. -- Amen

No comments: