Friday, June 02, 2006

June 2nd Daily Word and Visions from God

Romans 8-Those who trust God's action in them find that God's Spirit is in them--living and breathing God!

1 Samuel 17.1-54-The whole earth will know that there's an extraordinary God in Israel.

Psalm 62-Strength comes Straight from God.

Tobit 1.3-9-I, Tobit, walked in the ways of truth and righteousness all the days of my life.

Ezekiel 37.1-14-I, the LORD God, will put breath in you, and once again you will live.

Ruth 1.1-7; 4.13-22-Here is a list of the ancestors of David...

Psalm 119.41-48-Show me your love and save me, LORD, as you have promised.

Hydrogen - Several months ago just after the hurricanes hit New Orleans there was damage to a plant that produced this hydrogen in the form needed to put in this tank. It caused a shortage of hydrogen across the nation. We had to really watch our usage very closely. A tank filled with liquid that changes to gas as it is consumed. Reminds me of God's Spirit. God places his Spirit in each of us in concentrated form to be released as needed throughout the day. When I trust in God I can find his Spirit within me. God's Spirit living and breathing. And I can see his Spirit within others I meet. I can see his Spirit in the Word I read. I can see his Spirit moving throughout the day and it is extraordinary. Concentrated and powerful is God's Spirit. God's Spirit taking control of David as he defeats the giant. Strength beyond belief. Strength in his Spirit that comes straight from God. God's Spirit breathing life into death. Reclaiming life from my deadness and sin and breathing the Spirit of Life into my dry bones. And as God's Spirit is released through time it points to Jesus. In the past. In the present. In the future. God's Spirit throughout time with Jesus eternally. Throughout the list of ancestors and God's people. God's Spirit alive in concentrated form. God's Spirit showing love and salvation eternally. No shortage here. Let's release God's Spirit within us in concentration this day to reveal the glory and grace of salvation this day.

Lord, thank you for your Spirit. Thank you for breathing your breath of life into my dead soul. Thank you for Jesus. Send me this day to play in your Kingdom to your glory. -- Amen

No comments: