Monday, March 10, 2008

March 10th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Teach us the lesson Jesus taught: to feel for those his blood has bought, that every deed and word and thought may work a work for you. ("O God of Mercy, God of Light" - Text: Godfrey Thring, 1823-1903, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 13.1-23-But as for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.
Leviticus 17-18-For the life of the flesh is is the blood; and I have given it to you for making atonement for your lives on the altar; for, as life, it is the blood that makes atonement.
Proverbs 28-Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing...
1 Kings 17.17-24-O LORD my God, let this child's life come into him again.

God's Word of the Day
I have shown you love and compassion for My people through My own blood. Now go in that love and compassion and return to My people. Give to the poor, help the sick and show love and compassion in My Kingdom this day to those I give to you.

Psalm of the Day
You poured out Your blood for me.
You gave Your blood for all people out of deep love and compassion.
You gave Your life for us poor people.
Poor but now rich in Your grace.
You brought life to Your children once again.
Out of death and into life, You lead.
You teach us how to love.
You teach us how to act.
You send us to treat each other likewise.
In joy, I go.
In joy, I serve my creator and giver of life.
In joy...in pain...in whatever comes...
I gladly go.

Prayer of the Day
What a joy it is to believe and trust in You. What a joy eternal life is. What a joy it is to serve you now and into eternity. What a joy to live the life You give. In joy...in pain...in persecution...in laughter...in hard work...in whatever unfolds...into eternity. ---Amen

No comments: