Sunday, March 09, 2008

March 9th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
How pale thou art with anguish, with sore abuse and scorn; how does thy face now languish, which once was bright as morn! Thy grief and bitter passion were all for sinners' gain; mine, mine was the transgression, but thine the deadly pain. ("O Sacred Head, Now Wounded" - Text: Paul Gerhardt, 1607-1676, based on Arnulf of Louvain, d. 1250; tr. composite)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 12.22-50-"Can this be the Son of David?"
Leviticus 15-16-The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to a barren region; and the goat shall be set free in the wilderness.
Proverbs 27-Well meant are the wounds a friend inflicts, but profuse are the kisses of an enemy.
John 11.1-45-Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

God's Word of the Day
I took your sin upon Myself and have carried it away. I felt the pain you deserved. Believe in Me and you will not die. Do you believe?

Psalm of the Day
Oh, how I believe in You!
I see how You absorbed my sin and took it away.
Oh, how I believe in You!
I saw the pain and suffering You endured.
Oh, how I believe in You!
I see the wounds You took on for me.
Oh, how I believe in You!
You are my King, my Savior, my God and my Friend.
Oh, how I believe in You!
You are the source of life eternal.
Oh, how I believe in You!
I will always praise and adore You.
Oh, how I believe in You!
I live life now and into eternity, following You.
Oh, how I believe in You!

Prayer of the Day
Yes! I believe! Yes! ---Amen

No comments: