Friday, March 14, 2008

March 14th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
In a lowly manger born, humble life begun in scorn; under Joseph's watchful eye, Jesus grew as you and I; knew the sufferings of the weak, knew the patience of the meek, hungered as but poor folk can; this is he. Behold the man! ("In a Lowly Manger Born" - Text:Ko Yuki, 1896-1985; tr. composite)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 15.1-20-This people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching human precepts as doctrines.
Leviticus 24-25-If any of your kin fall into difficulty and become dependent on you, you shall support them; they shall live with you as though resident aliens.
Ecclesiastes 1.1-11-The sun rises and the son goes down, and hurries to the place where it rises.
Philippians 1.21-30-For to me, living is Christ and dying is gain.

God's Word of the Day
Behold I AM with you. I give you stability in life. I give you seasons. I give you blessing.

Psalm of the Day
The sun goes up and the sun goes down.
Some complain that all is the same.
Some know the blessing of Your sameness.
You are unchanging.
You always love and give Love.
You experienced the life we life.
Jesus, my friend and Savior has walked this path also.

As the sun goes up and the sun goes down...
We can depend on Your Love.
We honor You with our lips.
But we aren't unchanging.
Sometimes we don't honor You appropriately.
We sin and need change.
Yet You are unchanging and continue to love and invite us home.

The sun goes up and the sun goes down.
Yet Your blessing and invitation remain the same.
Change my heart and make my praise to You appropriate.
Fill my lips with Your Word and Your Love.
Use my actions to take in family.
Use my actions to do Your will.
The sun goes up and the sun goes down.

What a blessing You bring in consistency.
What a Love You give day by day.
The sun goes up and the sun goes down.
Day by day You come to me.
Day by day You walk with me.
Day by day...
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Each day I look to You, Lord. As the sun goes up and the sun goes down, You are always there for me. Send me out today to do the action You have planned for me. Make my actions acceptable in Your site. ---Amen

No comments: