Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March 19th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Lamb of God, pure and sinless, once on the cross an offering, patient, lowly, guiltless, forsaken in your suffering from sin’s grasp you have torn us, form gloom to hope have borne us. Grant us your mercy, O Jesus. (“Lamb of God, Pure and Sinless” – Text: Nikolaus Decius, 1485-1550; tr. Composite)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 18.18-35-Then Peter came and said to him, “Lord, if another member of the church sins against me, how often should I forgive? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy-seven times.”
Numbers 7-8-When Moses went into the tent of meeting to speak with the LORD, he would hear the voice speaking to him from above the mercy seat that was on the ark of the covenant from between the two cherubim; thus it spoke to him.
Ecclesiastes 6-The more words, the more vanity…
John 13.21-32-“Very truly, I tell you, one of you will betray me.”

Word of the Day
I AM the sinless one. Listen to Me.

Psalm of the Day
You are pure and sinless.
Yet we placed You on a cross.
There You hung, patient, lowly, guiltless and forsaken.
Forgive us Lord for what we have done.
Forgive our sin.

From that cross, I hear Your Word.
Word of forgiveness.
Word of love.
Word of compassion.
From that cross, I hear such a sweet sound.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You know of my sin. You know and yet still forgive. You know and yet still love. What sweet sound I hear from You. ---Amen

No comments: