Saturday, March 15, 2008

March 15the Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
The cup of water given for you still hold the freshness of your grace; yet long these multitudes to view the strong compassion in your face. ("Where Cross the Crowded Ways of Life" - Text: Frank M. North, 1850-1935, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 15.21-39-Then Jesus called his disciples to him and said, "I have compassion for the crowd, because they have been with me now for three days and have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away hungry, for they might faint on the way."
Leviticus 26-27-These are the commandments that the LORD gave Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.
Ecclesiastes 1.12-2-26-Then I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness.
Psalm 31.9-16-But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."

God's Word of the Day
Look at the face of My Son. See compassion, love and see the Light shining brightly through the darkness of sin.

Psalm of the Day
I look up and see the face of Jesus.
I see Jesus' face as He hangs from the cross.
I see pain.
I see love.
I see compassion.
How can this be?
I'm the one who drove the nails into His hands and feet.
I'm the one who put my Lord on that cross.
I'm the one filled with sin.
I'm the one who turned away from His commandments.
Yet I see Jesus' face of love and compassion on that cross.

From that cross Jesus feeds me His very body and blood.
From that cross of love and compassion, Jesus gives himself.
I see the Light shining brightly into the heavens above from the face on that cross.
I see the Light piercing the darkness of the universe.
I see that beam of Light from the love and compassion on that cross.
There is wisdom and understanding beyond anything I can imagine hanging on this tree of death.
Sin defeated and put to death.
Sin overcome with the Light of wisdom and understanding.
Sin hanging from that cross in the form of Jesus.
I believe in this Savior, Jesus, hanging on this cross.
I trust Him with all my life and being.

On that cross, my God, my Savior, my Lord...Jesus!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You all thanks and glory for doing what You did for me. I give You thanks...Amen

No comments: