Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March 18th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Sing my tongue, the glorious battle; tell the triumph far and wide; tell aloud the wondrous story of the cross, the Crucified; tell how Christ, the world’s redeemer, vanquished death the day he died. (“Sing, My Tongue” – Text: Venantius Honorious Fortunatus, 530-609; tr. John Mason Neale, 1818-1866, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 18.1-17-Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Numbers 5-6-The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.
Ecclesiastes 5-Sweet is the sleep of laborers…
John 12.20-36-…we wish to see Jesus…

Word of the Day
I became a child for you. I came to save you. I came to bless you. Now look to Me and follow Me.

Psalm of the Day
You came to this world a child.
You came humble yet great.
You come to me this day and give me a story to tell.

I tell a story of the One crucified.
I tell a story of the One who vanquished death.
I tell a story of my Savior crucified.

I am a Child of God.
Claimed and loved from that cross.
Claimed through Your very life.

May Your face shine upon me.
Your Love fill me.
May Your compassion send me.

For I wish to see Jesus.
I wish to see Your face.
I have hope in You.

Be gracious to me, Your child.
Send me to labor for You.
And let me sleep in Your love.

Now and forever more.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I come to You as Your child. I listen for the story You have to give. I know of the comfort only You can give. Let me rest in Your Love---now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: