Monday, March 17, 2008

March 17th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesus furnished my salvation, Jesus furnished my salvation, Jesus furnished my salvation; surely he died on Calvary. Calvary, Calvary, Calvary, Calvary, surely he died on Calvary. ("Calvary" - Text: African American Spiritual)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 17-As they were gathering in Galilee, Jesus said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into human hands, and they will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised." And they were greatly distressed.
Numbers 3-4-According to the commandment of the LORD through Moses they were appointed to their several tasks of serving or carrying; thus they were enrolled by him, as the LORD commanded Moses.
Ecclesiastes 3.16-4.16-Moreover I saw under the sun that in the place of justice, wickedness was there, and in the place of righteousness, wickedness was there as well.
John 12.1-11-So the chief priests planned to put Lazarus to death as well, since it was on account of him that many of the Jews were deserting and were believing in Jesus.

God's Word of the Day
There is evil in your world...Sin and evil. There is wickedness and injustice. Jesus has defeated sin and evil. Accept life in Him. Trust Him and follow Him. A great price has been paid.

Psalm of the Day
Yes, I see it's true.
You died on Calvary.
You died and along with You, the sin You took in died too.
My sin died in You so that I could live.
Wickedness and injustice died that day.
We try to cover it up.
We try to kill what You have raised from the dead.
We continue in sin.
But, I see it's true.
I place my hope in You.
You paid an awesome price for me.
I see it's true.
You brought life from death.
I see it's true.
I believe in You.

Prayer of the Day
Thank God it's true! Thank God for all You do! Thank You Jesus for Calvary! ---Amen

No comments: