Wednesday, March 12, 2008

March 12th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
With thine own love may I be filled and by thy Holy Spirit willed, that all I touch, where ever I be, may be divinely touched by thee. ("Lord of All Nations, Grant Me Grace" - Text:Jane Parker Huber, b. 1926)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 14.1-21-When he went ashore, he saw a great crowd; and he had compassion for them and cured their sick.
Leviticus 20-21-Keep my statutes, and observe them; I am the LORD; I sanctify you.
Proverbs 30-If you have been foolish, exalting yourself, or if you have been devising evil, put your hand on your mouth.
Matthew 22.23-33-He is God not of the dead, but of the living.

God's Word of the Day
I have compassion and come to you. How will you respond? Will you trust and believe in Me? Will you respond in joy and follow My commands? What will you decide?

Psalm of the Day
You went off by Yourself.
People follow You.
You come ashore with compassion.
You come to me with love.

I'm foolish at times.
I exalt myself.
I think I can do this on my own.
I turn to You and repent.

You sanctify me.
I can't sanctify myself.
I need You.
Only You can save me.

I know of Your Love.
I know of Your Compassion.
I respond in joy and thanksgiving.
I gladly seek to do Your commands.

You fill me with faith.
I trust in You.
I believe You.
I follow You.

Prayer of the Day
Come to me this day from Your private place to mine. Speak to me and teach me Your way. I want to do Your will. I want You to shine through me this day. ---Amen

No comments: