Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March 26th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Christ has arisen, alleluia. Rejoice and praise him, alleluia. for our redeemer burst from the tomb, even from death, dispelling its gloom, Let us sing praise to him with endless joy. Death's fearful sting he has come to destroy. Our sin forgiving, alleluia! Jesus is living, alleluia! ("Christ Has Arisen, Alleluia" - Text Bernard Kyamanywa, b. 1938; tr. Howard S. Olson, b. 1922)

Readings of the Day

Matthew 22.1-22-The wedding is ready, but those invited were not worthy.

Numbers 21-Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness?

Song of Soloman 1.1-2.7-Ah, you are beautiful, my beloved, truly lovely.

Matthew 28.1-10-He is not here; for he has been raised, as he said.

God's Word of the Day

I have burst the tomb wide open. Now live! Really live! Live for me!

Psalm of the Day

You have defeated death!

You burst open the tomb and gave new life.

You give life to all.

I believe! I believe in You my Love.

Brought from the wilderness of death to life in You.

I believe!

Prayer of the Day

Lord, I see what You have done. I believe! ---Amen











No comments: