Saturday, March 08, 2008

March 8th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
The blood came streamin' down, and he never said a mumbalin' word; the blood come streamin' down, and he never said a mumbalin' word; not a word, not a word, not a word. ("They Crucified My Lord" - Text: African American spiritual)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 12.1-21-He will not wrangle or cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets.
Leviticus 14-Thus the priest shall make atonement on his behalf and he shall be clean.
Proverbs 26-For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases.
Psalm 130-Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice!

God's Word of the Day
My blood streams down in Love to you. Rejoice and listen to the Word. Rejoice and see the action I took. Rejoice but know the pain and suffering. Rejoice yet feel the hurt. Rejoice and repent.

Psalm of the Day
You really didn't need to say much.
The little that You did say went so far.
The little that You said went for eternity.
You really didn't need to say much.

Your action spoke so much louder than any word.
Your action showed Love beyond understanding.
You acted in Love and in death gave life eternal.
Your action spoke so much louder than any word.

I cry out to You and You have responded.
You heard my cry and gave Yourself.
You cleansed me and gave me life.
I cry out to You and You have responded.

Your blood pours down from that cross.
That cross of death and pain yet joy and salvation.
Your blood streams down and through my heart.
Your blood pours down from that cross.

In joy I gaze upon that cross.
I learn compassion and love.
I hear the voice of my Lord and Savior.
In joy I gaze upon that cross.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I think on You and feel pain, love, compassion, suffering, death and life. So many mixed up emotions. I feel my sin. I smell the stench of all I have done and I see my sin on You, while You hang from that cross. I see the blood pouring down for the sin I committed. I see You taking it all on and know I deserve it all, not You. I can only respond in joy and thanksgiving for the great sacrifice You have made for me. I commit myself to You, now and for all eternity. ---Amen

No comments: