Thursday, March 13, 2008

March 13th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
So may God's plumb line, straight, define our measure true, and justice, right, and peace pervade this world our whole life through. ("Let Justice flow like Streams" - Text: Jane Parker Huber, b. 1926)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 14.22-36-You of little faith, why did your doubt?
Leviticus 22-23-When anyone offers a sacrifice of well being to the LORD, in fulfillment of a vow or as a freewill offering, from the herd or from the flock, to be acceptable it must be perfect; there shall be no blemish in it.
Proverbs 31-Speak out, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.
Philippians 1.1-11-And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you to determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God.

God's Word of the Day
I AM the perfect sacrifice. See the Lamb on the throne of the cross. See justice and righteousness hanging before your eyes. See the Sacrifice, believe, trust and live.

Psalm of the Day
Only You are righteous.
Only You are perfect.
Jesus, You are that perfect sacrifice for my sin.
You took my sin on Yourself and gave Your life for mine.
I see Your Love hanging from that tree.
I see what You have done.
I turn my eyes to that horrible sacrifice on that awful altar.
I repent and turn to You.
Turn to You in trust, in faith, in hope and in life.
I turn to You and repent.
I ask forgiveness for crucifying You.
Make me whole in You and use me to Your glory.
Use me to reach out to the poor and needy.
Use me to stand up for what is right in Your sight.
Use me to do Your will.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, forgive my sin. Take my life and make it good in Your sight. Then use me I pray to do Your will this day. ---Amen

No comments: