Friday, March 21, 2008

March 21th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Let us forgive each other’s faults as we our own confess, that we may love each other well in Christian gentleness. (“Where Charity and Love Prevail” – Text: Latin hymn, 9th cent.; tr. Omer Westendorf, 1916-1997, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 19.16-30-Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man is seated on the throne of his glory, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundredfold, and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.”
Numbers 11-12-Now the man Moses was very humble, more so than anyone else on the face of the earth.
Ecclesiastes 8-Wisdom makes one’s face shine…
John 18.1-19.42-Pilate said to them, “Take him yourselves and crucify him; I find no case against him.”

Word of the Day
Forgive each other just as I have forgiven you.

Psalm of the Day
You teach forgiveness.
You show forgiveness.
You renew through forgiveness.

Now humbly, I forgive.
Humbly, I repent.
Humbly I follow Your teaching.

Prayer of the Day
I hear the voice of forgiveness. I hear the instruction to forgive as You have forgiven. I see the price You paid. Send me now this day in Your forgiveness to forgive and love. ---Amen

No comments: