Thursday, March 20, 2008

March 20th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Then take the towel, and break the bread, and humble us, and call us friends. Suffer and serve till all are fed, and show how grandly love intends to work till all the creation sings, to fill all worlds, to crown all things. (“Great God, Your Love Has Called Us” – Text: Brian A. Wren, b. 1936)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 19.1-15-Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.
Numbers 9-10-On the day the tabernacle was set up, the cloud covered the tabernacle, the tent of the covenant; and from evening until morning it was over the tabernacle, having the appearance of fire. It was always so: the cloud covered by day and the appearance of fire by night.
Ecclesiastes 7-It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise than to hear the song of fools.
John 13.1-17, 31b-35-I give you a new commandment, that you love one another, Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.

Word of the Day
See what I have done. Now go and love one another just as I have shown you.

Psalm of the Day
You show us how to do this.
You show us how to be humble.
You show us how to serve.
You make us as children.
You teach true wisdom.
You show true love.
Now we go.
Go in Your love to love others.
Just like You have shown us.

Prayer of the Day
I give You thanks for what You teach. Now I go and love as You have shown me to love. ---Amen

No comments: