Friday, March 28, 2008

March 28th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia! The strife is over, the battle done; now is the victor's triumph won! Now be the song of praise begun. Alleluia! ("The Strife is O'er, the Battle Done" - Text: Symphonia Sirenum, Koln, 1695; tr. Francis Pott, 1832-1909)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 23.1-12-All who exalt themselves will be humbled, and all who humble themselves will be exalted.
Numbers 22.41-23.26-Whatever he shows me I will tell you.
Song of Solomon 3.6-5.1-How beautiful you are, my love, how very beautiful!
1 Corinthians 15.1-11-Then he appeared...

God's Word of the Day
I AM victorious. Celebrate that!

Psalm of the Day
You have won the battle.
You humbled Yourself and defeated sin and death.
You did this for me!
You have shown Your love to me!
How beautiful You are, my Savior!
You have appeared to me and saved me!
You have won the battle.
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
You are my Savior! All glory, honor and praise. Alleluia! ---Amen

No comments: