Sunday, March 16, 2008

March 16th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Were you there when they crucified my Lord? Were you there when they crucified my Lord? Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble. Were you there when the crucified my Lord? ("Were You There" - Text: African American spiritual)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 16-Then Jesus told his disciples, "If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.
Numbers 1-2-So he enrolled them in the wilderness of Sinai.
Ecclesiastes 3.1-15-...a time to weep, and a time to laugh...
Matthew 21.1-11-The crowds that went ahead of him and that followed were shouting, "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!"

God's Word of the Day
I have been through the highs and the lows. I am with you in your highs and lows. Rejoice in this and prepare yourself to follow me---in the highs and the lows.

Psalm of the Day
Hosanna to the Lord!
Hosanna, You have come!
You come to me humble.
You come to me exalted.
You come!

But then I put You on the cross.
I sin and place You there.
I nail the nails.
I cry out against You.
I sin!

I weep at Your death.
I cry out in sorrow for what I have done.
I long for some hope.
I repent and seek forgiveness.
You forgive.

Yet You die.
You die and Your body is taken away.
You go to the grave.
You descend into hell.
You die.

Laughter and weeping.
Life and death.
Heaven and hell.
Wilderness and Promised Land.
Lost life and Life found.

Prayer of the Day
Back and forth. Happy and sad. Life and death...then Life eternal---Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: