Monday, March 24, 2008

March 24th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Easter triumph, Easter joy, this alone can sin destroy! From sin’s power, Lord, set us free, newborn souls in you to be. Alleluia! (“At the Lamb’s High Feast We Sing” – Text:Latin hymn, 17th cent.; tr. Robert Campbell, 1814-1868, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 21.1-27-Look, your king is coming to you, humble, and mounted on a donkey, and on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
Numbers 17-18-The Israelites said to Moses, “We are perishing; we are lost, all of us are lost!”
Ecclesiastes 11.1-8-Light is sweet, and it is pleasant for the eyes to see the sun.
Exodus 14.10-31; 15.20-21-The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to keep still.

Word of the Day
See the King! See the Savior! See your Risen Lord!

Psalm of the Day
What joy You have brought!
You fill me with happiness.
Your Light is sweet to my eyes.
You are my King and Warrior!
My defender and forgiver!
You are my Risen Lord!

Prayer of the Day
Words cannot express the joy You bring into my life. ---Amen

No comments: