Tuesday, March 04, 2008

March 4th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Ride on, ride on in majesty! In lowly pomp ride on to die, bow your meek head to mortal pain, then take, O Christ, your power and reign! ("Ride On, Ride On in Majesty!" - Text: Henry H. Milman, 1791-1868, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 10.1-25-See, I am sending you out like sheep into the midst of wolves; so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.
Leviticus 7-8-Then Moses took some of the anointing oil and some of the blood that was on the altar and sprinkled them on Aaron and his vestments, and also on his sons and their vestments.
Proverbs 22-Incline your ear and hear my words, and apply your mind to my teaching; for it will be pleasant if you keep them within you, if all of them are ready on your lips.
Isaiah 42.14-21-Listen, you that are deaf; and you that are blind, look up and see!

God's Word of the Day
I have a mission and purpose for your life. Follow My Son and listen to Him. You will hear and see what to do.

Psalm of the Day
Jesus rode in humble majesty to death.
Jesus understands pain and suffering.
Jesus knows healing and life.
Jesus speaks and teaches.
Jesus shows compassion and love.
Jesus knows how to be meek.
Jesus is all-powerful Savior and King.

Listen to Him.
Follow Him.
Learn compassion and love from Him.
Teach as He taught.
Be meek as He was meek.
Know pain and suffering as He knew pain and suffering.
Give Him all glory, praise and honor; now and forever!

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, teach me and show me the way. I believe and trust in Your way. I listen now and follow Your lead this day. ---Amen

No comments: