Saturday, March 22, 2008

March 22nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Love serves and willing stoops to serve; what Christ in love so true has freely done for one and all, let us now gladly do! (“Love Consecrates the Humblest Act” – Text: Silas B. McManus, 1845-1917)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 20.1-16-Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or are you envious because I am generous? So the last will be first, and the first will be last.
Numbers 13-14-But my servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit and has followed me wholeheartedly, I will bring into the land into which he went and his descendants shall possess it.
Ecclesiastes 9.1-12-But whoever is joined with all the living has hope…
Matthew 27.57-66-So they went with the guard and made the tomb secure by sealing the stone.


Word of the Day
I willingly did this for you. Now go and willingly love and forgive.

Psalm of the Day
Oh Lord, how awesome a thing You have done.
You willingly decided to love me.
You chose to do as You chose.
It’s beyond my own reasoning.
I look to You in hope and thanksgiving.
I look to You for You reached down to me in Love.
When I think the tomb is secure in my own death.
You fling wide open death and bring forth life.
Oh, Lord, who awesome a thing You have done.

Prayer of the Day
My awesome Savior. How deep a love You have shown. ---Amen

No comments: