Monday, March 03, 2008

March 3rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Make me see your great distress, anguish, and affliction, let your Spirit now endow me for meditation. Grant that I in love and faith may the image cherish of your suffering, pain, and death, that I may not perish. ("Jesus, I Will Ponder Now" - Text: Sigismund von Birken, 1626-1681; tr. August Crull, 1846-1923, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 9.18-38-Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and curing every disease and every sickness.
Leviticus 5-6-The fire on the altar shall be kept burning; it shall not go out.
Proverbs 21-To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
Isaiah 59.9-19-We grope like the blind along a wall, groping like those who have no eyes; we stumble at noon as in the twilight, among the vigorous as though we were dead.

God's Word of the Day
As you grope in the darkness of life, turn and see My Light. Go to the Light. Ponder His pain and death and walk into death with My Son. You will walk into Light.

Psalm of the Day
I think on the pain You endured for me.
I think on the love You have shown.
I look to the Light on the cross.
I look and see the pain I will endure.
I look and know that You know.
As I grope in the darkness of life---
As I bump around at noon-day---
May I look to the Light.
May I know of that ever-burning fire of Life in You.
May I see Your face.
May I know that You know.
And follow the Light...
I trust the Light...
I believe in the Light...
I will go with the Light this day.
Go with the Light to do righteousness and justice.
Go with the Light and serve those He loves this day.

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, today I think of my baptismal candle. The Light that shines so brightly. May I follow this small small Light You have provided in my world this day. May I carry that Light to all I meet. And may all be with You, the Great Light of all glory, in that day to come when we gather together to eternally sing praise to You---My Light---My Salvation---That Eternal Fire ---Amen

No comments: