Friday, March 07, 2008

March 7th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Therefore, kind Jesus, since I cannot pay thee, I do adore thee, and will ever pray thee; think on thy pity and thy love unswerving, not my deserving. ("Ah, Holy Jesus" - Text: Johann Heermann, 1585-1647; tr. Robert Bridges, 1844-1930, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 11.20-30-"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Leviticus 13-But if the spot remains in one place and does not spread in the skin but has abated, it is a swelling from the burn, and the priest shall pronounce him clean; for it is the scar of the burn.
Proverbs 25-Take away the dross from the silver, and the smith has material for a vessel...
Revelation 11.15-19-Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.

God's Word of the Day
Think about what I have done for you. Ponder and look at Me. I will refine your life and open the Temple to you and show you Love.

Psalm of the Day
I can't get it off of my mind.
I can't get You off of my mind.
I think about all You have done for me.
I think about all that You went through for me.
I think about the pain, the suffering, the death.
I think about You all the time.

To some, my thoughts may seem morbid.
To some, my thoughts may seem so depressing.
To me, these thoughts remind me of You.
These thoughts bring deep appreciation for You.
To me, these thoughts remind me of how awesome Your Love really is.
To me, these thoughts are sent from You.

I come to You with my burdens and sin.
I come and You make my load light.
You lift up my burden and sin with You on that cross.
You pull my load within Yourself and become my sin.
You take my sin and die with it on that cross.
You pronounce me clean and send me out.

I have a scar to remind me of what You have done.
I am now cleansed of the dross of my sin.
You have made me into a useful pot, filled with Your Love.
You have blessed me with forgiveness and gifted me with spiritual gifts.
You call me into service and send me out.
I joyfully and lovingly go in honor of all You have done.

On that cross You took on my sin.
On that cross You became my sin.
On that cross You died with my sin.
On that cross the curtain opened to the ark of Your heart.
On that cross heaven opened wide and I saw Your heart.
On that cross You revealed the covenant fulfilled.

Let heaven resound with Your power.
Let the earth rejoice with Your Love.
Let all the angels sing praise to You.
Let the universe speak loudly in honor of Your active Love.
Heaven and earth resound in an endless chorus of joyous song to You.
May You always be on my mind throughout eternity.

Prayer of the Day
Today and forever I think about You...never off my mind. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: