Sunday, March 23, 2008

March 23rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
The day of resurrection! Earth, tell it out abroad, the passover of gladness, the passover of God. From death to life eternal, from sin’s dominion free, our Christ has brought us over with hymns of victory. (“The Day of Resurrection!” – Text: John of Damascus, c. 696-c. 754; tr. John Mason Neale, 1818-1866, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 20.17-34-They said to him, “Lord, let out eyes be opened.”
Numbers 15-16-He stood between the dead and the living; and the plague was stopped.
Ecclesiastes 9.13-10.20-Wisdom is better than might…
John 20.1-18-“I have seen the Lord”

Word of the Day
Open your eyes and see the Risen Son!

Psalm of the Day
You have opened my eyes!
Opened these eyes of death to new life.
You have opened my eyes.
Opened my mind from death to life.
You have opened my ears to Your wisdom.
Yes, I have seen the Lord!
I have seen the risen Lord!
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
How wonderful it is to recognize and see the Risen Lord! My God! My King! My Savior! ---Amen

No comments: